Weird Grid on TV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old September 23rd, 2006, 05:35 PM   #1
New Boot

Weird Grid on TV

Hey guys!

I just played back some footage taken today with my HD1. When playing directly on the my 32" HD widescreen LCD TV from the docking station connected to the TV with component cables, I noticed something troubling. There were slight crosshairs that I noticed on the screen. When I looked closer I saw these crosshairs in a few places on the TV. These almost looked like the TV was divided into square sections about 4 on the upper portion and 4 on the lower portion. I was conserned that it was the HD1 so I immediately downloaded the footage onto my laptop and the cross hairs or grid is not there. Is it my TV? (I have never seen this grid before on any other source). Is my docking station or component cable faulty? This is really weird...

Anyone else ever experienced this type of thing?

Paul
Old September 24th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Are you certain your TV is an LCD? This sounds like the artifacts that appear in CRT and projection displays. There are suspension wires in these to support the control grid. On screen, these show up as faint vertical and horizontal lines. If it is these wires, you will notice semmetry in the line pattern.
Old September 24th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #3
New Boot

The TV is a 32" widescreen flat panel LCD (Seanix RX-326).. The grid that youre talking about in CRT TVs is very fine or tiny...This grid divides the screen into about 8 squares that are about 6"x6" or so each. Its really wierd.... I have never seen anything like it and the HD1 footage is perfect on the lap top....I must ay the grid is very faint. You have to stand really close to the TV and look for it but you can see it. From far away its not visible. Oh by the way the grid is present on both video and still shots when displayed on my TV.

Paul
Old September 24th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #4
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Nowicki
Hey guys!

I just played back some footage taken today with my HD1. When playing directly on the my 32" HD widescreen LCD TV from the docking station connected to the TV with component cables, I noticed something troubling. There were slight crosshairs that I noticed on the screen. When I looked closer I saw these crosshairs in a few places on the TV. ...

Paul
I have the same problem when I watch the video in VLC in window mode on my external screen. Think that's a graphic card issue.
Old September 24th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #5
New Boot

But mine is on my TV..So what graphic card does my TV use?
Old September 25th, 2006, 12:21 AM   #6
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Nowicki
But mine is on my TV..So what graphic card does my TV use?
your computer's graphic card
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:25 AM   #7
New Boot

My computer is fine. The graphic card on the computer has no problems. Its the TV that has the grid... The HD1 is connected directly to the TV using the cradle and component video cables.
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Paul,

You need to isolate the problem. Try with your camera and another HDTV or using another component HD 720p source in your TV.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)