Nexto eXtreme Info - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Nexto DI Mobile Storage Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nexto DI Mobile Storage Solutions
Pro Video NVS2500 and other Nexto DI location backup devices.

Old July 30th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #16
New Boot

Re: Nexto eXtreme Info

So can i infer something from Larry's words? The ND2730 is a successor to the ND2700, with several improvements like able to SDXC and the ability to support exFAT in the future.

This device will be able to copy video footages (in fact the NEXTO devices I had tested can copy any type of files) but not able to preview video footage like the NVS series.

Hence for all those on a really tight budget, potentially can use ND2730 to backup your video footages, but do it at your own risk since u cannot preview and ensure your footages are being recorded.
Ming Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM   #17
New Boot

Re: (new) Nexto ND2730 Info

Ming,

Just wanted to mention that the (new) Nexto ND2730 supports exFAT now (not in the future).

For anyone who shoots still (photo) images, the Nexto ND2730 has a 1.44" color TFT LCD viewer.

thanks,

karen
Karen Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:17 PM   #18
Sponsor: NEXTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Song View Post
So can i infer something from Larry's words? The ND2730 is a successor to the ND2700, with several improvements like able to SDXC and the ability to support exFAT in the future.

This device will be able to copy video footages (in fact the NEXTO devices I had tested can copy any type of files) but not able to preview video footage like the NVS series.

Hence for all those on a really tight budget, potentially can use ND2730 to backup your video footages, but do it at your own risk since u cannot preview and ensure your footages are being recorded.
Hello Ming

YES. ND2730 can copy anykind of data. It copy everything inside the memory card maintaining the directory structure.
Supports exFAT so can copy larger than 64GB capaity SDXC. But the copy speed is slower(15MB/s).
NVS1501 is much faster for SD(50MB/s).
But there are one restriction. Currently the internal HDD is FAT32 formatted, so file size larger than 4GB cannot be copied from SDXC. BUt currently there are no video camera which makes file size larger than 4GB.
THis limit shall be removed with the new firmware which support formatting the internal HDD using exFAT.
The target date is at the end of this year.

ND2730 does not show video but show photo preview.

Larry
Larry Seong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 02:11 AM   #19
New Boot

Hi Larry,

i bought 2 units of ND2730. Realized that the backup folder structure is based on Date that the memory media is copied into the internal hardisk.

However, how do we change the date in the unit? I have date backup which is slightly different from my actual time and date in my country. I think it is because of different time zone (i am staying in Singapore : GMT +8). Please advise how this can be done within the menu, because it did not seem it can be done.

I intend to just copy and backup my media into the ND2730, and change out the hardisk when it is full. So if i am able to determine by date, i intend to use another unit of NEXTO for another series of backup which I will then verify through the PC.

Pls advise. Thanks!!
Ming Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #20
Major Player

Is there a setting for the ND2730 so that when you put a card in for the second, third, etc., times it only updates the new stuff from the card (as opposed to doing a full copy each time)?
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Dear Tim,

This is a standard feature of the Nexto 2730, as well as the other Nexto models.

For each upload the Nexto will only transfer new files. If the files are already on the Nexto, then it will not attempt to re-copy the files.

This is wonderful, as one can upload the morning file's during lunch, and then upload the afternoon's files later in the day.

Thus, one can upload their files as soon as the card is full.

Also, the same "Smart Processing" takes place if syncing to another Hard Disk Drive.
Old September 1st, 2011, 05:38 AM   #22
Sponsor: NEXTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Song View Post
However, how do we change the date in the unit? I have date backup which is slightly different from my actual time and date in my country. I think it is because of different time zone (i am staying in Singapore : GMT +8). Please advise how this can be done within the menu, because it did not seem it can be done.

I intend to just copy and backup my media into the ND2730, and change out the hardisk when it is full. So if i am able to determine by date, i intend to use another unit of NEXTO for another series of backup which I will then verify through the PC.

Pls advise. Thanks!!
The folder name created using the date/time from memory card. ND2730 does not have an internal clock.
The camera has an internal clock. If you shoot the photo, the camera stores the date/time info in the file.
Nexto checks the date/time code stored in the file and use the last one to create the folder name.
If you backup twice in a day, then the same folder name with .000, .001 and so on.

ND2730 does not support changing the folder name by itself. You need to use computer to change the folder name.

So, if you think the date code based folder name is wrong, you need to check the date/time setting of your camera.

Thanks
Larry Seong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Nexto DI Mobile Storage Solutions