Light for d90 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nikon Photo for HD Video
Dedicated for all Nikon D-SLR cameras plus compact mirrorless systems.

Old March 5th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #1
New Boot

Light for d90

Hope this is the best forum to post this.
Hey.
I had my d90 for last 2 months and i absolutely love it.
I would like to start shooting more video. I need to purchase a on camera light that wouldnt be powered by the camera itself.
I have no clue about how strong the light should be, is 30w enough or should i get 100w.
thats why ive found a reference video on the type of light i would like to achieve.
it looks amateourish, snapshot like but its enough for my needs.
please see this video, it may not be the work safe-est video as there is a girl eating a popsicle, no nudity though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNwH8...e=channel_page

Please let me know where to look for similar lighting or even better please direct me to specific models.
Thank you in advance.
Voitek Nosovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #2
Trustee

I don't think you can power a light from the camera. This type of camera does not have a powertap.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2009, 11:58 PM   #3
New Boot

lighting

I understand what you're looking for. I might suggest a shoe mount LED light like this one from B&H (link below). There are others on ebay and elsewhere, 15w of LED might be similar to 50w of halogen, something like that. Also look for daylight balanced LEDs so they don't look unnatural blue. Sometimes they call it 'warm white' LED.
Bescor | LED-14K1 14-watt LED On Camera Light | B&H Photo Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitek Nosovski View Post
Hope this is the best forum to post this.
Hey.
I had my d90 for last 2 months and i absolutely love it.
I would like to start shooting more video. I need to purchase a on camera light that wouldnt be powered by the camera itself.
I have no clue about how strong the light should be, is 30w enough or should i get 100w.
thats why ive found a reference video on the type of light i would like to achieve.
it looks amateourish, snapshot like but its enough for my needs.
please see this video, it may not be the work safe-est video as there is a girl eating a popsicle, no nudity though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNwH8...e=channel_page

Please let me know where to look for similar lighting or even better please direct me to specific models.
Thank you in advance.
Daniel Lundmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 09:13 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I have the Torch TL-30 LED light Switronix Product Details for my camcorders. I will give it a try on my D90.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video