Problems with DVDs already sold and out there. Please help me. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 11th, 2008, 03:42 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Plowman View Post
I definately did not mean any offense by the comment, if anything I was hoping it would give incentive to get over the hurdle.
Well, the way you put it certainly made you look offensive at the time, Allen :-) But I believe you meant well. Otherwise you wouldn't even bother answering to Mary's question. All the best
Themis Gyparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:13 AM   #17
New Boot

Well, I don't really think its her fault that I ended up making two dollars an hour, I knew there would be a learning curve with the new software, and I was trying to impress this client who took handfuls of cards from me to hand out to her friends, and also, she did ask for twenty-four DVDs which I thought of as free advertising for me. But you're absolutely right, I will do the DVDs over and watch them before I give them to her, but that's twenty four hour-long DVDs, I don't how I'm supposed to find time for that. My husbands getting me the new recommended burner, and we're getting the new DVDs. I will make them over again for her, after that, if they go wrong, I don't know what. I really wanted to make her happy though because I noticed that her place of employment, where she handed my cards around, has been hitting hard on my website, and after she mailed them out, I started seeing a huge jump in volume to my website.
Mary Mailler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #18
New Boot

Please tell me, if you have time, how to get passed the buffer overload problem with Encore that we encountered every single time we tried to burn.
Mary Mailler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Mailler View Post
Please tell me, if you have time, how to get passed the buffer overload problem with Encore that we encountered every single time we tried to burn.
Can you give me the exact error? I would recommend that when you are ready to burn. Make an Image of the project. By setting the destination to image instead of Disk. Then once your done with that you can use encore or any burning application to burn the image. In encore set Source to image and pick the image you made and then burn.

Last edited by Josh Chesarek; January 11th, 2008 at 01:46 PM.
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Mailler View Post
I will do the DVDs over and watch them before I give them to her, but that's twenty four hour-long DVDs, I don't how I'm supposed to find time for that.
Mary, you don't have to watch each DVD from the beginning to the end. Take a quick look moving on from chapter to chapter and if everything's OK send them to your client. It shouldn't take you more than half an hour to do so. Besides, if more than 10 are OK, it's highly possible that all are OK.

As for the problem you're facing with Encore, it is caused by your burner and the bad discs you used so far. If you make the appropriate changes this error will stop and I'm telling you for sure it is not Encore's fault. If the problem persists, which I strongly doubt, try not to make a DVD disc but a DVD folder and then make a new DVD Video project with Nero, add the files and burn your discs. This option may also be safer, since burn settings will be the same for all discs.

Also, another reason for the buffer underrun error might be lack of memory. Encore requires at least 1 GB of RAM and 2 GBs is recommended.
Themis Gyparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 01:56 PM   #21
New Boot

Wow, thanks for the advice. I'm so glad I found this blog!
Mary Mailler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC