Pre render footage looks better?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 26th, 2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Tourist

Pre render footage looks better??

Hey guys...sorry if this was covered somewhere else...

I'm using Premiere pro CS3

Ok, this is the deal. I shot some video with a Canon XH A1.
Footage of objects with horizontal lines, i.e. brick walls, door frames...etc all seem to flicker after they are rendered.

I've tried EVERY combination of field options under the clip tab, and have employed the flicker removal option under the motion menu. I've tried blurs and every other effect I could think of to fix this. I've tried adjusting project settings and have read a lot of confusing tech babble.

Nothing works...I'm left with a serious flicker which stays with the product all the way to DVD.

Perhaps my footage is bad, perhaps my project settings are askew.
But here's the nub; the footage looks fine pre render.

Here, let me repeat that. THERE IS NO FLICKER APPARENT WHEN THE FOOTAGE IS "RED".

The footage CAN look clean...I can see it there not flickering...it gives me hope...
However, I have NO way to export this clean looking footage. All I can export is flicker city.

Please help.
Chris Huber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #2
Tourist

solved

Ahhhhhhh...

This was a time re-mapping issue.

I disabled the frame blending option and this seems to have corrected the problem.
Chris Huber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC