Quick Time problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 27th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #1
Trustee

Quick Time problem

I have produced a short video in the 16:9 format and am trying to output it to a Quick Time movie file. Each time I render the file it dispays it in the 4:3 format. I have rendered the file at least 8 times this evening using various settings.

Premiere Pro CS3, Output 500 x280, H264 codec, 44,000 16Bit Stereo, Pixel Aspect set to Pal Widescreen 16:9 also tried the 720 x 576 aspect in the hope it would stretch out, but so far no luck.

Any ideas anyone
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #2

you haven't mentioned what quicktime codec you've tried to render to. I've experienced that DVCPRO is anamorphic, and therefore very difficult to change the format size to anything but 4:3. There is a way,but, it's rather detailed. If you're trying to use DVCPRO, can you render to another codec?
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #3
Trustee

I thought H264 was a codec. I have had to resort to outputting the movie as a FLV this has kept the 16:9 ratio.

Thanks
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2008, 07:03 AM   #4

my mistake, you did specify.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 04:02 AM   #5
Trustee

Just as a final note. I altered the settings within QuickTime Pro 7 player (Window > Show Movie Properties - Video Track - Visual Settings) I used the 853x480 setting and saved them (when you close the movie you are prompeted to save the settings). The file now plays in the 16:9 format.

I am sure that I should be able to render the file in the correct format from within the Adobe Media encoder, but for this project I have found a sollution.

Thank you for your help.
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC