Burnin up the frame at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old September 30th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #1
New Boot

Burnin up the frame

Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone had a link or idea as to where I could find some fairly decent footage of a flame building up across the frame, or starting in the center and "burning" the frame up gradually that i could use as an overlay on some other footage. I need this as a favor for some friends that are in the student government of my school; they are tapping me as a resource for the homecoming float they are building which will somehow involve a video projector with my video on it. The small task they want me to do is take some stock footage of the opposing team for our homecoming game and make it look like it is gradually burning up and then put our team logo at the end or something along those lines. If anyone could point me in the right direction as to where I could find some flame footage that seems like its burning up the frame or if anyone has any pointers in general about this task it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old October 6th, 2003, 06:26 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

There are sites on the internet that sell special effects pyro
cd's with such footage on it. Those are usually shot on a
black background or blue/green screen so that you can put
the footage anywhere you want. Do a search for stock pyro

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2003, 07:40 AM   #3
Regular Crew

You might do a search for plugins or check out DMN Forums plugin threads at http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaysiteindex.fcgi
KennJ

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC