My "Best" buy for my Home-Video editing sessions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old December 29th, 2003, 09:52 AM   #1
Major Player

My "Best" buy for my Home-Video editing sessions

Hi,

Today I bought a small 14" Flat TV ( Matrix tube ) with SCART and A/V connectors on the front, for 125 USD ;-)

Having an ordinary TV hooked up to the NLE really makes life easier than looking at the monitor ( a 19" Flatscreen TFT ).

So far I've discovered:

* Don't use SHARPEN looks ugly on TV - use Unsharp mask
* Using Color correctors in VEGAS uses a MEDIAN filter internally, try this by selecting a color corrector but no profile, then you'll see that you get exactly the same smooth output as when using the Median filter
* The median filter is good for making the video less "glitchy" for the viewer

... back to Vegas ;-) and the hard decision if the Raptor2 is worth buying(don't like the idea of leaving Vegas )

Best regards,

Lars Siden
Old December 29th, 2003, 10:01 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

So, what's the reason for considering a Raptor2 if you don't want to leave Vegas.

Also, why a Raptor2 instead of the X100 or Storm2?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #3
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Edward Troxel : So, what's the reason for considering a Raptor2 if you don't want to leave Vegas.

The need for speed, rendering time in Vegas is just too slow when you add some filters and effects

>Also, why a Raptor2 instead of the X100 or Storm2? -->>>

Easy one - Price - Storm2 costs about 1900 USD here in Sweden, Raptor2 about 900 USD. Preferably I'd buy the Storm2 with the MPEG module... but it just is too much money right now.

// Lazze

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC