Desperate Help !!! FAST ! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Desperate Help !!! FAST !

Hey guys. I need help as fast as possible. I have a project due tommorrow night. I got part of the file on my pc. It is in the .MOV format. I opened up Ulead Media Studio and cut out a part of the clip. Then I went to preview and it had to take some time to render. Then all of a sudden it closed on its own. I tried it again and it closed again. This is my first time working with a MOV file name in Ulead. WMV and AVI and MPG work fine. I need help...and fast. Please guys...
Cory Moorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You could convert the MOV file to something else.
Quicktime Pro and Bink and Smacker (free) and most NLEs will be able to convert it. DV AVI is a nice format to work with.

2- You need help too with opening your project too right? Unfortunately I can't help you out there, I don't use UMS.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

It opens fine jsut the whole thing closes while rendering. Ill try to convert it with another program. Thanks for that idea.
Cory Moorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:43 PM   #4
Major Player

I've used MOVs in Ulead without problem before, but compatability really depends on what codec is being used inside the MOV wrapper.

First, download the latest version of Quicktime and play the file with that. If you happen to be missing the codec for the file, QT will usually DL and install it for you. Make sure you can play the MOV in QT. If it won't play in QuickTime, I doubt it'll work in anything else.

Some compression codecs are not really edit friendly. It's probably a safe idea to convert the MOV into a traditional AVI prior to editing. You can do this with the Capture module. Just start up Capture, use File Open to open the MOV, then use Save As... to save the clip to an AVI.

From there, you should be good-to-go with editing the AVI in the timeline.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Have fun.
Nick Jushchyshyn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC