DV Storm + GL1 = No more deck control? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 3rd, 2004, 08:37 AM   #1
Capt. Quirk

DV Storm + GL1 = No more deck control?

My formerly working GL1 and DV Storm breakout box are no longer working, and I have no idea why, or which is the problem.

I hook up with the 1394, and the DV light comes on, but I have no control over the camera, nor can I see anything in the program. Any ideas as to how I can determine where the problem lies?
Old October 3rd, 2004, 09:52 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

There are bound to be some Canopus users among us... anyone?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2004, 10:18 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

Chris- I figured you might be the one with the answers on this. If I remember correctly, you are a DV Storm user too? I even tried installing the last updates and patches, but I think that made it worse.
Old October 4th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #4
Capt. Quirk

Well... After trying to update and patch DV Storm, I still got nothing for deck control. So, I got radical, and reformatted the whole drive, and re-installed Win2k and DV Storm. Still no image or control over the firewire. I do get picture going analogue though.

How do I figure out which is faulty? Is it the cam, the card, or the cable? Considering a new 1394 cable is $10, Murphy's Law dictates that shouldn't be the problem.
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:22 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Keith: what software are you using with your DVStorm? I had a similar problem recently using Edius 2.0, but after installing all the latest Canopus updates (including the latest DVStorm driver) and fussing with the computer for a while with my brother we somehow got things working. If you haven't downloaded the latest driver, go to the Canopus drivers section and look under DVStorm for that.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:56 AM   #6
Capt. Quirk

Hey Kevin- I have been using Storm Edit and Premiere 6, on a Win2k PC, for almost 2 years now. The drivers for the DV Storm haven't been changed since last year, and things worked fine a few weeks ago when I did some capturing.

I'll go ahead and check out the newest driver again though.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC