frame rate conversion noob at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 9th, 2005, 02:34 AM   #1
Regular Crew

frame rate conversion noob

Ive got some sequential targas that are 720x480 24fps 1.0px. However, my Premiere timeline with the rest of my work is 720x480 29.97fps 1.0. Ive got AE 6.5, Fusion 4 and even LightWave if that would do it. How the heck do you interlace or deinterlace to get the shot to 29.97fps without having those scan lines or bouncing. Is there a plugin for Fusion i can get? Ive been having trouble with getting AE to cooperate at all.

Thanks
Old August 10th, 2005, 09:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

A better way to go about it would be to set up Premiere to work with 24fps. To do this go to Project>Project Settings>General There should be a pulldown for timebase. Set this to 24fps. If this section is grayed out, it is because your editing mode is set to dv playback. The only way I know of to change this is to create a new project and choose the custom settings tab. There is a pulldown for editing mode. If you choose "Video for Windows" several other timebase ooptions become available.

Also on the same setup page is a pulldown menu for pixel aspect ratio. You can change this from the default (D1, which is 0.9) to square pixels (1.0)

Hope this helps
Jonathan Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Sorry, I just noticed you were working with other video that is 29.97fps. In this case, you may want export your 24fps footage as 29.97fps avi. You may try adding frame blending to help smooth things out. Also, your pixel aspect ratio may be messing you up, but I'm not familiar with mixing pixel ratios in Premiere.
Jonathan Putnam is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC