Making footage broadcast safe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old August 24th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Major Player

Making footage broadcast safe

What filters would you recommend applying to make footage broadcast safe.. Video limiter and Broadsafe colors.. I am looking for specific instructions and level numbers (and quite possibly any successful workflows) that you guys use for broadcasting safing a large sequence in premiere... Theres just so many clips, does each clip need a filter added to it individually? Thanks
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #2
Major Player

What I do in Final Cut if needed is create my sequences, then create a 'Master' sequence, with my edited sequences nested under it. That way I can apply the "broadcast safe" filter to the entire sequence nested in the Master without having to edit each clip individually; this saves a LOT of time, plus you can go back and edit the original sequence and automatically have the broadcast safe applied when you play the Master.

I know Premiere has support for nested sequences, so you might want to try that.
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 11:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

In Premiere Pro, create a new sequence and put the sequence in it. Then apply broadcast safe. You can achieve the same thing by adding the levels filter (or similar) and set black output to 16 and white to 235.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC