Where to buy large Styrofoam Sheets? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 12th, 2003, 02:51 PM   #1
Major Player

Where to buy large Styrofoam Sheets?

I'm looking for a supplier of a large (4'x8' or so) extruded styrofoam sheets for use in set construction....preferably 2 inches thick... I havent had much luck finding anyone that carries this...any ideas?

Casey Visco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2003, 03:22 PM   #2
Wrangler

We have been using a local company (Mike at NCS Supply, 215 634-5661) for awhile and he can get us just about anything at good prices, including the huge blocks (24"x48"x96"), and also the spray foams which are really interesting to work with.

But it probably doesn't make any sense for you to come all the way to Philadelphia! Look in your local yellow pages for companies that sell insulation materials. I'm sure you'll find several vendors. Almost any lumber yard (even home depot) will have some form of styrofoam sheets, although often only 2'x8'. If you only need a limited quantity then I suggest you go to a "real" lumber yard/building supply place and talk to them. They should be able to order the 4'x8' sheets.

Another idea would be to talk to the tech directors your local university theatre departments. I'll bet they can tell you the best places to get styrofoam in your town.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2003, 05:17 PM   #3
Major Player

http://www.mcmaster.com/
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2003, 05:31 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the replies guys, i didnt even think about the home depot and local lumber yards...

and yes, philly might be a bit far to drive...but im sure i have something similar up here.

Casey Visco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion