Wireless Video Senders at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 1st, 2003, 10:00 AM   #1
Major Player

Wireless Video Senders

Anyone ever use a wireless video sender to broadcast video from the camera to a remote monitor for viewing?

Seems like this would be great for eliminating the video cord between the camera and the monitor, something that people trip on. I still use a corded microphone for shooting sound, but I'd love the freedom of putting the monitor farther away from the camera in certain situations.

The real challenege though? Finding one that is hopefully battery operated (not from the camera battery) and is relatively small so that it won't bulk up the camera, especially if you go handheld.
John Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2003, 10:25 AM   #2
Wrangler

And, unless you have an unlimited budget, one that is affordable.

I think the transmitter/receiver pairs that actually work well are in the thousands of dollars.
Old August 2nd, 2003, 03:27 PM   #3
New Boot

wireless sender

Hello,
Have never posted but have monitored for a while. Radio Shack has a sender rieciever that for under 100 bucks works fine. We use them to cover high school sports (football) for a local access station and they ( once jury rigged for aa batteries) allow us almost unlimited sideline coverage. The trick is to keep the antennas in line. We do it by having our camera men work as a team. One shoots...the other holds the transmitter on a pole and keeps it in line with the reciever. The reciever is in the press box (outside it) and wired into our mixing board and from there out to the town.... GREAT STUFF!!! On a good day we have gotten about 300 feet with a crystal clear picture... EL cheapo from Radio Shack... gimme til Monday when I go back to work and I can get the model no.
by the way...

Feature film ready in sept.
http://www.stillriverpictures.com

where I work
http://www.leominster.tv

We do all our location shoots with canon gl1 and xl1 also edit on nonliniar pc based systems by 1beyond

http://www.1beyond.com

peace
jc
Jack Celli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion