Plug for Sony at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 1st, 2003, 02:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Plug for Sony

I guess I have never really had any bad experiences with Sony gear BUT boy have I had a good one!

My first real sony investment was last week when I purchased a new Sony DSR-11 editing deck and I had to make this post becasue I think I am in love with this little deck! I didnt look at it much at first when I was specing out my NLE equipment 2 years ago... I thought I would need that little window on the front of all these fancy editors that read the TC numbers and what-not. Not realizing the Sony had all that too, it just displays it on the monitor vs. the front of the deck. Anyway, this little guy has made editing a dream. So anyone else considering this deck as a possible choice, I stand behind my purchase 100%!

I know its a little pricey compared to some but relatively cheap as far as pro-decks are concerned. I am actually trying to sell my JVC BR-DV600U to buy another! if you are looking for a JVC, let me know.
Chris Ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2003, 09:43 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Heh, plus it's switchable between NTSC and PAL.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2003, 01:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

yes, it wasnt a determining factor for me since I dont have any PAL gear but an added plus none-the-less!
Old September 4th, 2003, 10:27 AM   #4
Contributor

Hey, Chris...if you have a PAL DVCAM tape, can you play it in the DSR11 and record it to NTSC via firewire with another Sony deck?
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2003, 12:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I dont think it coverts it... but dont take my word for it, I have no PAL expereince other than now I have a deck that will accept it!
Old September 4th, 2003, 01:02 PM   #6
Regular Crew

DSR-11 not a converter

Sorry guys, but the DSR-11 doesn't convert between PAL and NTSC. It just reads and writes both of them well.

Julian
Julian Luttrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion