Multiple cameras - live production at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 3rd, 2003, 11:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Multiple cameras - live production

I'm looking for resources on live productions for television and general broadcast. Does anyone know of sites on the net, articles, books or other on this subject?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old September 3rd, 2003, 12:13 PM   #2
Major Player

hello,

if you are looking for a system that will give you the capability to do a live production with multiple cameras.. You may be interested in the VT3 by Newtek.
website is

www.newtek.com

mike
Old September 3rd, 2003, 02:11 PM   #3
Wrangler

The seminal book, "Television Production Handbook," was written by Herbert Zettl, a Professor at San Francisco State University. It is into its 6th or 7th revision IIRC. Hold on to your hat as it is $95 new at Amazon.

He has written another book, "Televison Production Workbook" that is also useful.

This URL will bring it up at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0534559891/103-4113100-3377456?v=glance

These are the books we use in teaching television production at the local community college.

With the level of intensity necessary to get a crew to produce a live show, I'm not certain one can ever learn it completely from a book. I think it takes hands-on experience under the assistance of people who have done it before.

The technology and approach are moderately different from industrial video production. The coordination and judgement necessary to bring off a good live production is massively different.

If you need to get up to speed quickly, I'd find the nearest university that teaches the subject and talk to the professors & staff.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion