dual polarizers and ultra contrast - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 24th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #16
Trustee

So how does it work?
Cam --> Ultracon --> Wideangle Lens --> Mattebox with dual Polarizers?

It is recommended with the Century optics Matte box that 4x4 filters be used when using the wide angle lens adaptor. There is one rotatable slot in that matte box. So the question is which two polarizers would a person need.

Jeff - "You can use two linear polarizers. You can use one linear polarizer and one circular polarizer, but the circular must be attached to the lens first, then the linear.
The polarizers must be absolutely neutral in color or else odd colors may result. I would stick to either B + W or Heliopan because of their high quality standards and neutral color. I would not mix brands."

So I am looking for two 4x4 nutral colour polarizers. What is better one Linear and one circular, or two circular? Which one would be the rotatable one?

Ken

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion