Please help with PS9 capture issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Tourist

Please help with PS9 capture issues

Bare with me guys I tried searching but have not been able to find any answers that will help with my specific situation. I have a Canon Optura 30 mini DV camcorder. I have PS9 and am unable to capture video. I'm using a PCI firewire card. There are no exceptions in device manager.

The problem is the camcorder is recognized by the computer. When connected Pinnacle will even operate the playback controls from the software. However when I start capture it gives me an error. I've spent 6 hours uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, software etc.. with the same results. I'm about ready to throw everything out the window!

I've tried WinDV and it won't capture either.

The real kicker is I've had this same PC working before and now it won't. I had taken the card out and used it in another rig with no issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Brian Palmer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion