Are Series 9 filters on the way out? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 11th, 2004, 10:50 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Are Series 9 filters on the way out?

I've been buying Series 9 filters for a Century sunshade I own. I like the size, weight, price and convenience of these filters compared to 4x4 filters, and I'm kind of surprised that they aren't more popular. But I'm beginning to wonder if I'm investing too much money in a format that may be dying out. It seems to be a bit harder to find Series 9 filters and accessories these days, and I would hate to be in a situation 10 years from now where I can't find accessories and it would cost me thousands of dollars to switch to bigger filters. What do people think? Am I worrying too much about this?
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:06 AM   #2
Contributor

FVESCO in Denver always seems to have Series 9 filters in stock when I need one. I haven't noticed any disappearance of them; but you won't see much mention of them in DV circles because most people don't know about them if they haven't been involved with professional cameras. I still prefer them over using a matte box, but if I need to put on more than 2 filters a matte box is better because I'll get some vignetting at wide angles.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion