JVC SR-VS30 vs DSR11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 20th, 2002, 07:58 AM   #1
Trustee

JVC SR-VS30 vs DSR11

OK, we have a small problem here in techno central. We are looking at decks and have come up with 2 really good deals. The question is which one to go with?

Deck 1 - Sony DSR 11 for \168000 (US$1400)

Deck 2 - JVC SRV-VS 30 for \125000 (US$1050) This is the PRO version of the DV/SVHS deck.

Does any one have any ideas how these two decks compare with each other?
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2002, 08:06 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

One advantage of the DSR11 over the JVC model is that it's NTSC and PAL switchable.

However, no timecode display on the DSR11. Some folks need the security of seeing the numbers roll. I'm kind of like that myself. No headphone jack, either.

However, it does accept the large full-size DV cassettes for recording long programs. The JVC deck is MiniDV only, on the DV side of that deck.

One last thing, the Sony DSR11 offers DVCAM as well as DV format recording, don't know if you ever need DVCAM though. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2002, 05:09 PM   #3
Charles F. McConathy

Wow a DSR-11 for $1400 US. That is a great buy. Are they brand new? Can they be exported?

Thanks

Charles F. McConathy
www.promax.com
Old September 20th, 2002, 06:03 PM   #4
Trustee

Charles,

We think that the DSR-11s maybe B stock or second hand. They have 2 of them, one for 198000($1650) and the other for 168000($1400). For me it doesen't matter if it's new or second hand, just as long as it works.

As for exporting it is possible but I don't know about US customs and import tax. I'm sure you have a better idea about that.

Chris,

Thanks for that info. One little thing though, the Japanese version of the JVC also handles DVCAM. Guess they didn't think it would be used in the States.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion