Need Help with an Older Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Need Help with an Older Camera

I am going to be going to Africa soon to shoot a gem mining video for DVD release. I'm going to be using a Panasonic AJ-HDC27Vp vari-cam with a Fujinon 17x7.8 lens, recording on DVCPro tape. I've used this camera before for very quick ENG type shoots but I'm not very familiar with changing the menu settings for different types of shooting environments. I am assuming that most of the shooting will be with natural light or minimal lighting situations. There will be interviews, landscape and wildlife shots and possibly some in-mine shots that will be low light situations. I will be shooting in 720p probably at 24 fps.

Can anyone suggest some scene file settings that I could use for the different shooting situations, as well as some possible filters I should bring with me?

Also, if anyone has shot in Tanzania before what type of electrical adapters do I need for battery chargers and small Arri lights? Do I need to change the type of bulbs in the lights?

I would really appreciate any suggestions on any other issues you think I may need to consider.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Magnafichi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion