Quality difference Pal NTSC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 25th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Quality difference Pal NTSC

Hello.

I decided to save money for Canon Legria hv40. Altho i would prefer a Camcorder where i would not have Tapes involved(i consider them unreliable for some reason) i dont think there is a better choice in camcorders in this this price range for small movies/sketches etc. If any1 wants to disagree plz do.

So i have 2 simple questions for my mind peace.

When i will take the footage off the tape moving it to PC, will there be any quality loss compared to , lets say, taking a video out of a Hard drive Camcorder.

And 2nd question, is there any quality/feature difference in Pal/NTSC models.

Footage shot on same model Camcorder Canon Legria hv40 pal model will have the exact same quality etc as if shoot on Canon Vixia hv40 NTSC model .

Questions are ,with a rather obvious answers. And as much as i did research on these questions i think the answers are No/No, i would feel a lot safer about my purchase if gotten a answer from forum.
Gustavs Repse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #2
Inner Circle

PAL has a higher quality picture than NTSC, the frame rates also make more sense to someone based in Europe.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion