Help with gr-hd1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 8th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #1
New Boot

Help with gr-hd1

I got a deal on a used jvc gr-hd1(nice camera for the price) But I cannot capture hi def video from it. My main software is sony vegas 8 platinum edition. It does not recongize the camera at all. I've downloaded several other capture programs with no luck. Amcap and ulead video studio recognize the camera and will control playback but there is no preview and I cannot capture. I'm connected via 4 pin firewire and running vista. Any help? I sure could use it.

Last edited by Les Hamilton; August 8th, 2010 at 07:25 PM.
Les Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle

this camera has several mode (one in DV some other ones in Mpeg2) so you need to know in what mode you shoot. There was an utility provided with the cam to transfer to PC or mac.
The format used by JVC is very weird today.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #3
New Boot

I've tried the included software with no luck. Also I've tried the switch that says "i link out" that switches over from dv to mpeg2. No luck there either. I'm stuck. A nice camera but no way to capture the footage.
Old August 11th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #4
New Boot

Well now I've made things worse. Now my capture programs say "no video device detected" or "no capture driver". I'm lost.
Old August 15th, 2010, 12:02 AM   #5
New Boot

Any alternative? Is there something low cost out there that will play JVC gr-hd1 hi def footage that's easy to capture from?
Les Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion