Panasonic DVCpro viewfinder pinout at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 10th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Panasonic DVCpro viewfinder pinout

Hi all, I'm looking into using a Panasonic VEQ series viewfinder (DVCpro AJ-D800) on a different model camera.

However, I have been unable to find the pinout. Sadly unlike some other manufacturers Panasonic guards it's service manuals quite well, does anyone know what the pinout should be?

Thanks in advance :)
Sander Vreuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

In case anyone is interested what camera I would be mounting it on, it's this one:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...0/IMG_0179.jpg

Better picture taken with 550D, but obviously without 550D :)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...0/IMG_0102.jpg

Last edited by Sander Vreuls; August 11th, 2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added better pic
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Right, found the Sony viewfinder pinout (both older 8 pin DXF-40/501 and the newer 20 pin DXF-50/701/801 style)..
Going to try and see if the Panasonic pinout matches up to that, or atleast the parts that matter to me. Which would be the 12v input and ground, and the composite or Y input and ground.
Old August 18th, 2010, 08:23 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Ok we compared the pinout on the Sony and the Panasonic and they don't match up.

The odd thing is that through 2 pins 14.4 volt goes to the Panasonic viewfinder, yet the CRT tube runs off another pin, which has 9v. So I have no idea what it uses 14.4 for. We also managed to get a composite signal on it, but it seems the composite signal was too strong and it's slightly random whether it pops up or not.

Attached are both the 8 pin Sony viewfinder pinout and the 20 pin pinout. They came from a Sony DXC-D35 service manual and are camera side.
Attached Thumbnails
Panasonic DVCpro viewfinder pinout-sony8pinviewfinderdxf501.jpg   Panasonic DVCpro viewfinder pinout-sony20pinviewfinderdxf801.jpg  

Sander Vreuls is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion