Neat Video vs. Magic Bullet Denoiser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 16th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Major Player

Neat Video vs. Magic Bullet Denoiser

Anyone have a preference between the two that has used both? Also, Neat is available for both Premiere and After Effects. Which is the ideal platform? I would imagine Premiere, as that's where I spend the bulk of editing time, unless I'm overlooking something.
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I use Neat on PPro. I believe, though, that once you buy a license you can use it on both PPro and After Effects. I haven't had a need to use it on After Effects so I can't answer for sure.

Neat has radically improved their process over the last year. A year ago I remember battling with finding a frame having a sufficient blank space to get my noise profile from. The updated version makes it clean and simple. You know right away if the frame selected will give you a good profile or not.

I'm still using CS3 so I only have been using the 32-bit version. I am runnning a dual-boot configuration with Win7 and CS5 installed but am waiting to swap out video cards for an MPE qualifying Nvidea card. I use Matrox RT.X2 which has not released its drivers for CS5 yet. I am hoping that in CS5 with a high performance Nvidea card and the 64-bit version of Neat installed, that the crank times will go down radically. In CS3 a simple timeline can crank for hours with the Neat denoise effect added.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion