Help finding accessories for the 1st generation Elura at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 18th, 2002, 10:27 AM   #1
Samuel Hiser

Help finding accessories for the 1st generation Elura

I currently own a FIRST generation Elura. At the moment, there seems to be no place that carry accessories for this model, such as the docking station to plug in a mic etc. Can someone point me to a place or site that still might have these 'vintage' components? Thank you!
Old November 18th, 2002, 10:57 AM   #2
Major Player

You might want to check eBay. Of and on I see things for this camera.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2002, 11:01 AM   #3
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Paul Sedillo : You might want to check eBay. Off and on I see things for this camera. -->>>
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2002, 03:33 PM   #4
Samuel Hiser

I certainly checked E-bay with no results.... It couldn't be THAT long ago that all places have now stopped carrying accessories for such an item. My main concern is finding a way to attach an external mic for better sound. The only way it seems to allow for such an attachment is through the port on the bottom - which appears to be a 'multi' port with no direct MIC pluggin... Any ideas?
Old November 18th, 2002, 04:16 PM   #5
Warden

Do you have the Canon part number your looking for?

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2002, 04:18 PM   #6
Samuel Hiser

DU-200 is the part #

~Docking Unit~
Old November 18th, 2002, 04:31 PM   #7
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

i have a elura with docking station ( 3 years old) .. from my experience YES the docking station will give you better sound then the on board mic BUT IMO it still QUESTIONABLE audio .

i have used it with studio pro 1 XLR box , AT 4073 shotgun , AT 101 wireless, hard wired lav's .... IMO the AGC is NOT as good as the GL 1's .. the elura audio overloads very easy = you get a digital clanking on every word ( which you cannot hear thru headphones) ... the digital clanking can be removed ( its at around 8300hz using parametric equalizer) but removing it affects all audio

out of 4 interviews i have 1 that came out OK. i had to record at very low volume ..then in post i had to apply sonic foundrys NOISE REDUCTION FX ....

i have found better AUDIO using a minidic recorder with the elura.
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2002, 04:47 PM   #8
Samuel Hiser

The worst case scenerio happened when I purchased the Elura - my sister had a wedding. SO, I was to film the reception party. Try filming very soft-spoken grandparents in a very loud and musical setting. Next was my trip to Ireland and trying to film Celtic bands in a bar setting. Not gonna happen!!! So I might have to do external audio....we'll see. :(

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion