Problem with Encore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem with Encore

Simply put, I've built a dvd in Encore 2.0 (I know, a little out-dated). Everything plays fine in the project preview. Check project reveals zero errors. Upon clicking the Build button, I get an error:

operating system error: number = 0x00000020 - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The adobe forums and support pages aren't too helpful, though a few others have had this problem. Saving the build as a new project has had no positive outcomes.

It only seems to be happening with this particular project, while others are ok during the build process.

Hopefully some of you have experienced this one.

Thanks!
Ryan Laytart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Problem with Encore

I've also restarted a couple times, as well as ending as many non-critical processes as I could find.

Rebuilding the project won't be TOO bad, but still annoying. The main problem with that is having to re-insert all the chapter points on each timeline, since Encore does not recognize the Vegas marker files.
Old January 20th, 2012, 06:50 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Have you made any changes to your computer (installed or updated any software) after you created the encore project?
Maybe a reinstall of Encore would solve the problem? (just guessing)
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply... I haven't made any significant changes, but Encore 2.0 doesn't like Vista 64. I had to install it in a backdoor type of fashion for it to even work.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Maybe something happend during the installation of Encore, and Vista is messing up? But if so, I find it strange that some projects are fine, and only this one causing trouble.
I think I would have tried a reinstall anyway. Or at least make a new project to replace the faulty one.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Problem solved.

I saved each menu as it's own file, and re-imported them into the project. Of course, I had to redirect all the buttons, end actions, menu music and backgrounds.

Not sure if it matters, but in my custom menu button colors, I hadn't selected NTSC colors only, so I took care of that. I nudged each chapter marker over a bit, as well.

Also, I disabled Microsoft Security Essentials (a program which installed itself during my last update)... as well as a number of processes that I deemed unnessacary.

I also opened the original project and attempted a build, just to make sure it had nothing to do with the processes and security program. It still failed.

Hard to say what the problem was, but at least I have my disc finished.

Thanks for the help.
Ryan Laytart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion