Zoom Grip for ENG B4 Mount 2/3" Lens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 26th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #1
Major Player

Zoom Grip for ENG B4 Mount 2/3" Lens

Hello Everyone :-)

I am continuing my research and would really appreciate your help.

I have been using Fujinon and Canon 2/3" lenses on my Pro video cameras and on my AF-100 and GH-2 Micro Four Thirds (M43) cameras for some time.

Through my preliminary research into adapting these lenses (I have several) to my M43 cameras, I read that many people attempting this for the first time were trying to power the servo zoom control in the grip and burned out the servos because they wired it incorrectly.

Now I used to own an electronics manufacturing firm, so I knew I could make adapters that would work correctly with no problem. What was revealing though was how little information was available for the older lenses that were being adapted regarding the grip itself, or even the entire lens for that matter.

So I did several things including using my past contacts and buying up lenses so that I had a healthy supply of parts.

My most recent research is still baffling me, in that, I can't find a source of parts out there, or any real solid information regarding the Servo Powered Grips (the ones that are attached to the lens barrel).

I am selling some lenses, power adapters (with and without batteries) and at least one 12 volt Servo Powered Zoom Control Grip on eBay, but here is where I could use your help...

Doing my market research (what keywords to use for my auctions and videos, what a competitive price would be, who might need them, etc.) I tried every search tactic I could think of and I can't find anything relevant to helping me with my needs.

I want to find people that either have a lens that they like but the power zoom stopped working for whatever reason, people that have a Fujinon (my grips may work on the older Canon lenses as well, but I'm not 100% sure) ENG lens without the zoom grip, or someone that may have burnt their servos out and want a way to get the power zoom working again.

BTW These grips also work on 1/2" lenses as well as the 2/3" lenses that have a 3 bolt pattern.

So any suggestions as to finding more information, or even better, how to get to the people that might need these Servo Controlled Power Zoom Grips would be greatly appreciated.

Please go to my YouTube video to see more detail, it will probably better help you understand my plight.

Power Zoom Solutions for Fujinon Lens - YouTube

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!!
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Canon J13x9B3 irs II power supply?

I have this lens and I was wondering if you knew the pinouts for the servo. I couldn't find any pinout diagrams to see if I can power up the B3 mount based lens?

Have you had any success in powering up the servo on a b3 lens?

I'm going to use the lens on a Panasonic GH2.

Thanks!
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Zoom Grip for ENG B4 Mount 2/3" Lens

Hi

I don't know what grip you have, and my lenses that I use are 2/3" B4 lenses. I am reluctant to answer this question as it may not be correct for your lens; and many a user has burned there servos up.

That's why I started selling the rigs and cables on eBay.

With that said...

On my lenses pins 3 and 6 are the only pins needed to power to the servo.

And again on mine, pin 3 is the ground and pin 6 is the positive...

BUT Do Not take my word for it! Do your research because you are responsible for the results, not me :-)

Good Luck!

Last edited by Anthony Marotti; January 6th, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
Anthony Marotti is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion