AVCHD Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Trustee

AVCHD Problem

Hi I have Ultimate and a powerful PC. Before I was able to edit these HD files easily, now all of a sudden when I load them on VS5 I can hardy edit them, even when I just want to play them when they are in the timeline.
What steps must I take and where to look. This PC is only used for editing and nothing else.

stelios
Old March 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: AVCHD Problem

Hi Stelios

The first thing to do is decide what has changed. If your files have changed (maybe a higher bitrate) or maybe you are running multiple clips on the timeline ..both will slow down the process.

Assuming your PC is not bottle-necking somewhere and everything is still the same then how about same basic specs on the computer. I'm running Win 7 -64 bit on a 3.4GB i7 machine and 8GB ram and previews run pretty much OK and my renders from 1920x1080 down to MPEG2 SD take around 1/3rd realtime so if your performance is a lot slower then the computer might be slow for some reason ..fragmented drive maybe?? I render from a USB2 external drive with no issues. This is using Sony Vegas 10 64 bit.

Bottom line is that you need to isolate the problem first ..Is it your NLE, your files or your computer that's causing the problem??

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Trustee

Hi Chris

No I am not running multiple clips These clips are on a separate hard drive and when I play them (wirh any player) the play 100%
My PC specs are Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU 3.30 HZ 16GB RAM

stelios

LATEST NEWS.
I have tried it now today and everything is working fine. What happened?
Old March 8th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Sometimes it's a good idea to simply shut down the computer and restart it..On that particular boot up anything could have not loaded correctly, the operating system or your NLE so you will probably never know.

Just be happy it's all working again!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion