Scheduling and production software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 9th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Scheduling and production software

Hey, Can anyone recommend a break-down of script for scheduling, budgeting, production etc? I used to own a software called "Production manager" but I can't find anything about it anymore. I use a MAC and Final Draft, so I need it to be compatible and easy to use, but at the same time functional.

Thanks Duke
Old March 13th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Have you found the software for production yet? If so, can you tell us the name? I looked at one the other day called Gorilla (http://www.junglesoftware.com/) and it seems pretty good but I haven't tried it yet..
Gilbert Labossiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #3
Major Player

Movie magic has both programs... but I haven't tried it yet with Final Draft 7 for breakdowns... I usually take a text file out of FD and then import into Movie Magic Screenwriter and the do my breakdowns with that... but I have older programs of all...
Gary McClurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #4
Major Player

There is a free open-source program called Celtx. It may not do everything that you want it to do, but the price makes it worth a look.

The open-source video editing suite {url=http://www.jahshaka.org/]Jahshaka[/url] is available, but doesn't seem ready for prime time yet, nor is it the production suite I think you are looking for.

The only open-source suite along the lines you are looking for is Free Film Project as Source Forge. I don't know how mature this program is either.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion