where to buy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 25th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

where to buy

Hello

I have a few questions

Can someone point me in the right direction for the best price in the UK for the JVC GY-HD100

Also what is the difference between the GY-HD100 and GY-HD100E

Regards

PS

Has anyone used this company before

www.globalmediapro.com

Last edited by Jim Rog; July 25th, 2006 at 07:18 PM.
Jim Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #2
Trustee

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=46398
Ben Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 01:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Jim - With the cost of this camera, and the little problems that it can arrive with or develop along the way...(don't let that statement put you off, it's a great little cam) I would always advise buying from a good dealership... it is just not worth the hassle trying to save a bit of dosh and wind up needing help. To give you an example, we purchase a substantial amount of electronic equipment from a well known on-line supplier in the UK - when we asked them what support they would give us if we bought the camera from them and it developed a problem, the answer was... "talk to JVC" - in other words, they just shift boxes, and that's fine for certain types of equipment. The dealer we went with is CVP in England and I am glad we did, because when 2 cameras developed software issues they had replacements on my door within 24hours (these were the first of the cameras). As for global media, never used them. Have fun...you'll love the camera.

Regards: Stu...
www.studioscotland.co.uk
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion