video and audio board suggestions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 8th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

video and audio board suggestions

HI all.
A few of us in my department were asked for a tall order--set up an A/V studio in a short amount of time. I could use suggestions on audio and video mixers. I have gotten some info from someone using the Video Toaster 4 and Tricaster and they had some mixed feelings about it. I could use any info you would have about this and suggestions you may have.

Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff Rhode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:35 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Rhode
HI all.
A few of us in my department were asked for a tall order--set up an A/V studio in a short amount of time. I could use suggestions on audio and video mixers. I have gotten some info from someone using the Video Toaster 4 and Tricaster and they had some mixed feelings about it. I could use any info you would have about this and suggestions you may have.

Thanks.

Jeff
For audio mixers investigate the Mackie Compact mixer series, specifically the 1642 and 1604 4-bus mixers. I just acquired a 1642 for my editing setup and so far am very pleased.
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:31 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
A few of us in my department were asked for a tall order--set up an A/V studio in a short amount of time.
For what kind of production would this be for?

What's the budget?
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Chan
For what kind of production would this be for?

What's the budget?

Sorry for the limited info.
They are looking to set up a studio with 3-4 cameras. Audio will be from 3-4 voice sources at an interview style table or roundtable discussion. They are looking to have a control/directing room, set, and storage room.

I have heard about the Tricaster Pro that contains the audio and video is a turnkey type box, but not sure if direct to digital is the way to go. The recordings will be shown on a website, and possible a local news station down the road. I am in a hurry to get a budget together for everything that will be included down to the flooring. (gulp).

Again...any knowledgable info is appreciated.

Thanks.

jeff
Jeff Rhode is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion