Zoetrope at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 21st, 2002, 02:40 PM   #1
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Zoetrope

For what its worth...

I stumbled across Zoetrope.com the other day, the web site for Zoetrope Studios (home of Francis Ford Coppolla). They have a free virtual studio that allows you to upload materials (scripts, ideas, photos, original music, etc.) and then have others critique them. They've set it up so that you first have to critique four other peoples works before you can submit your own.

It's pretty interesting. And they have actually plucked a few scripts from this area for production.
Old January 22nd, 2002, 07:17 AM   #2
Major Player

I check this out yesterday and signed up, I think it's a great idea, and a great way to get your work looked at and critiqued. They put a 50 word minimum on the critiques so you actually have to talk about it. No "It was great" or "It sucked". =)

Has anyone tried to do this sort of thing geared toward DV?

Casey Visco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2002, 08:00 AM   #3
Trustee

Hey John, Apocolypse Now Redux starts here next week, it's got about 40 extra minutes of footage, probably the stuff that gave FFC the breakdown, and as this is one of my favourite movies of all time, I'll be first in line to go down the river again.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion