GS200 Experience? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 16th, 2006, 07:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GS200 Experience?

I'm looking for a panasonic GS200 or 250 and would like to hear from folks that have experience with it. The reviews and posts I've dug thru seem to be high on this cam even though it's 3? years old.
It seems to have the manual controls that I like as well.
How's the picture, audio?

Let me know as I need to make a decision tomorrow.
If there are any other cams you can suggest feel free. I like to hear what experienced pros have to say.

Thanks.
Jacob Burson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #2
Major Player

I do not own the camera, but I can say some stuff from playing with it for a half an hour. I found that the camera has great manual controls! The Audio, I am not sure of, but If I remember correctly, it does not have a mic in. So that could be a problem. The picture, IMHO I think there is better for the same or cheeper price. I personally think that the Canon Elura 100 has better Picture. Thus, I ended up buying it. However, the elura 100 is not as good in low light shots. So if you plan on doing alot of night shots without much for light, then I would say go for the Panasonic. The Elura also has a mic in.

Hope that I helped in some way...
~Gabriel~
Old November 17th, 2006, 11:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Gs400

I'm just going to have to find a gs400 for a decent price. The thing is is that on ebay gs400's are going for close to the same price as canon GL1's. GL1's are going for about $1k stock and so are GS400's with a few extras.

I've got to find a GS400.
Jacob Burson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2006, 11:41 AM   #4
Major Player

I have had a gs200 for a long time now and I love it. For what it is, it is a great little camera. If you want, take a look at my site. Most of my reel, along with the memory trailer and lawn service were shot with it. I would deem it acceptable.
Bennis Hahn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion