Editing Schools? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 10th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Editing Schools?

Hi,

I did a search for this topic and didn't find anything that matched so here goes..... I was wondering if anyone from Florida has attended or has knowledge of any type of training for video production. I am a one man operation (write, direct, film and edit) for my employer. They have been happy with my results even though I am self taught but I want to learn more...plus I can probably get them to pay for the training if the schools are in Florida. I know there are courses available at Junior Colleges but I prefer to knock the classes out in a week or two instead of a semester.

Thanks!
Old December 10th, 2006, 06:37 PM   #2
Major Player

Video school

I THINK Full Sail productions may do something like what you seek. http://www.fullsail.com. Also Tampa has the Patel Conservatory which does some school. Disney Institute may offer courses as well.
Check out (junior) college career counselors, they may be able to steer you in the right direction too. Avoid the "pay for play" schools, like the ones you see advertise on TV. They're mostly diploma mills who will dump you once the grant money comes in.

Also keep your eyes open for Avid, Vaast.com and other seminars that make the rounds.
James Harring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you for the quick response. I just realized that I had listed my posting for "editing schools." It should have been for production, shooting, etc. Currently, I edit with PP2. I am more interested the other aspects...

Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion