Guidance request at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 10th, 2006, 11:35 PM   #1
Major Player

Guidance request

First off - I'm Oregon if that helps.

In my previous career I was a newspaper and magazine photojournalist for over 10 years - I took a break and moved to the internet and now have made the jump to video.

I have a strong interest in video journalism - specifically environmental issues. I am also an underwater shooter, and publish a site devoted to shooting video underwater - UWDV.COM.

The reason why I am writing is I need some advice. What resources are there for documentary shooters like myself? I won regional awards for my still doc work and video now is my strong interest. Is there a way to make a partial living from being a documentary shooter?

I'm not sure I am asking the right question but maybe someone can decipher what I'm trying to say and lend some advice.

TIA...
Cliff Etzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 01:21 AM   #2
Trustee

I can't help you, but perhaps someone in the "Taking Care of Business" section of this forum would be knowledgable. Read those posts and you are sure to find something valuable.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion