looking for a small minidV cam that has video in/out rec option at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 14th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #1
Major Player

looking for a small minidV cam that has video in/out rec option

i'm looking for a low cost and small camera to hook up to a lipstick camera...not sure which model i should look into. Most small cameras dont have audio/video ins no more.

Can somoene recommend, thanks.
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM   #2
New Boot

try the JVC GR-D30U, I've got one and I record and capture to and from it all the time. If you want a camcorder with analog inputs and outputs then they are dime a dozen. check B&H photo, I'm sure you'll find something inexpensive and effective. At my office we have about six of them we use for capturing, Panasonics, canons and some others, they all have inputs and outputs. Also the model up from the JVC I mentioned earlier has analog in and out. They are really not hard to find.
Hope this helped!
Sorry, what's a lipstick cam?
Wayne Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #3
Major Player

bullet camp, lipsick cam

http://www.maxmax.com/images/Cameras/XNiteCam3.jpg
Old December 21st, 2006, 04:12 AM   #4
New Boot

bullet cam

thanks, every day u learn something new!
Wayne Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 02:18 AM   #5
Major Player

does your cam have the yellow video on plug or hte black one. I recently got a jvc minidv handheld unit with the black video in and it does not record from another source like a bullet cam.

the sony vx2000 and the hdvfx1 have the yellow video in and they both seem to work, so i'm thinking that i need a hand held unit with the yellow jack...can anyoen confirm that.

thanks
SAt
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:33 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I have a Panasonic GS-250 that I've used for analog audio/video-input. Its a little inconvenient in that you have to set it to playback mode, and then make a selection from one of the menus to activate the record mode which then only works for one session. So it would be fine if you just want to record a continuous 60 minutes from your external cam, but less-so if you want to start/stop recording often.

I don't know about the current GS-180/300 models, but you might be able to figure it out from their web site.
Terence Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnin Kondratiew
does your cam have the yellow video on plug or hte black one. I recently got a jvc minidv handheld unit with the black video in and it does not record from another source like a bullet cam.

the sony vx2000 and the hdvfx1 have the yellow video in and they both seem to work, so i'm thinking that i need a hand held unit with the yellow jack...can anyoen confirm that.

thanks
SAt
Most if not all of Canon's low end consumer DV cams have an a/v input. I have a ZR600 that I plan on connecting a Helmetcamera.com bullet cam to. You should be able to pick up a ZR600 for under $300 easy.
Jacob Sundt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion