Is there a way to automatically do this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 11th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Is there a way to automatically do this?

I have a green screen, and it's all working well now, but I still want one more thing. How can I make it so that when I zoom or move, the background picture also moves?
Mel Abdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #2
Major Player

You could try a software solution such as Boris Red or After Effects, and use corner pin tracking of the footage to create a track you apply to the background track.You might need to set something up in the scene that you shoot the foreground footage in to track to.
You could also manually track the zoom in the foreground to the background if you don't do a lot of zooms.(using your NLE)
Jack Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I know you can do pans with AE using the motion tracker as long as you have some markers on your green screen you can track. Zooms can be a little trickier I imagine, but they can be done.
Jacob Ehrichs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion