whats your answer?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 25th, 2007, 12:59 PM   #1
Tourist

whats your answer??

Name three things you might do to a piece of audio before encoding it to produce the best sounding results, and describe why they might help

Name three things you might do to a piece of video before encoding it to produce the best looking results, and describe why they might help

Name three things to keep in mind when shooting your own video intended for streaming media encoding, and explain why each is important

Curious on what is the best result..
Chris Gonzaleza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Chris why dont you start, LOL..

Well im rushed for time so ill be a good sport and at least try to knock one out of the way. Lots of users dont like compounded questions just a little FYI.

Maybe ill mix and match.. I Always De-Interlace my video, Well i do it when im shooting with a none progressive cam or in another mode. Why because I prefer the look.

Moving on to Audio... I love audio in post.. i love playing with filters i love having a nice clean audio track of my talent and then bringing in background sounds and make it sound so dang real. Why because if your shooting in a controlled environment and don't bring in background noise you might as well just add the cricket sound FX it would be boring!!!.

Now moving on to streaming video.. Way before encoding and even editing. I always remember to shoot with my final render size in mind... for example. If i was shooting for a web only project of a couple standing in front of a huge mountain.. You wont really get the feel of how big the mountain is on the tiny computer screen.. I have to keep my shots in mind... i go in close for extreme detail on my subject. I pan from landscape to talent in front of landscape to show how BIG!!! the landscape really is... Sometimes it involves changing the shot list around but its worth it.

I did one of each nothing big.. but i could write a book with what you asked, sorry but i just don't have the time for all of that.

~Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion