Aspiring film maker needs a pro's help - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:53 AM   #46
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Lee View Post
Lighting is something I am keeping in mind as well. This I think will be most difficult. I want the entire program to be naturally lit. Some places that I will be filming will have exceptionally low light and will be hard to film. Which is why I asked what camera will have the best low light capability.
I'm no camera guru, but from what I've seen I don't think any HDV camera will do what you are asking of it in dim natural light. At least, not without adding a lot of digital gain noise to the image. It really sounds like you need someone who knows how to light a scene so it appears to be naturally lit, although it isn't. That's part of why it takes years to learn these skills.

Best wishes,
Peter
Old June 4th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #47
Major Player

Everyone,

You have all been great help. I now have a better idea of what I am going to need to pull this off.

Andy - Good luck with filming the reconstruction project. I hope to see the final product.

Cheers,
Terry.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion