What software for edits and blu ray. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #1
New Boot

What software for edits and blu ray.

Hi all,

I've been reading posts for a while and learned a lot so far. I am a newbie in the HD world but I am ready to learn. I bought a HMC151 3 weeks ago (I needed the pal and ntsc option) and a new editing PC with the works.
But life hasn't been so good the past few days!!!!
I love the camera. I still need to get used to all the options, but that will come with time. What I just can't stand is the editing process. Untill now I have tryed multiple editing programs, but somehow they all fail!
Vegas studio 9 pro hangs when creating a movie longer than 35 minutes.
Pinnacle studio 12 is a bit too consumer orientated. It created a blue ray disk but only needed 3,5 GB for 45 min of full HD 1080i movie. The result was not great, but at least the disk played on a BR player :)
I have Edius and Premiere CS4 left to try.

Can someone tell me which of these programs works best, and what setting I should use for best quality files and blu ray movies?

Thank you,

Alex.
Alexander Oosterbaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I think you'll find your best bet in CS4, as it does support AVCHD. I've been using Premiere since the version right before Pro, so 6.5 I think? If you end up grabbing it as the whole suite, all the programs integrate wonderfully, and After Effects is an incredibly powerful program. Also Encore is a super intuitive Authoring program.

Good luck with whatever you wind up using though.
Paul Digges is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders