HMC-40 at the Thanksgiving community feeding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old November 26th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HMC-40 at the Thanksgiving community feeding

It was "controlled chaos" - as one volunteer captain called it - today at the annual community Thanksgiving feeding sponsored by several local charities. Hundreds of volunteers descended upon the outdoor venue - an oversized lot downtown - getting the food reheated and packing lunches for delivery to approximately 7,000 shut-ins. Then the crowds came to get fed. Luckily I got there early and they had a special spot for the media to park in.

The HMC-40 plus my new Manfrotto 561B is definitely a match made in heaven. No more shaky video!!! But I am wondering if anyone has some suggested scene settings for shooting outdoors in extreme overcast conditions? I am using a slight variant of some outdoor suggested settings I found but they, of course, were optimized for bright sunlight.

Videos: Community celebrates Thanksgiving - Treasure Coast, FL | TCPalm.com
Sherri Nestico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Major Player

That is some seriously steady video Sherri. You're making me envious.
Dan Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Dan. Your Grand Canyon videos were part of why I decided to take the plunge on the 561B. Video quality was great and super-smooth. I only hope I can get to be as good as some of the other videographers on here. I'm new to all of this, having spent most of my journalism career inside the office. After 25 years, I'm finally getting to use my broadcast news degree (thankfully with MUCH better technology than what I had to deal with back then).
Sherri Nestico is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders