HMC-40 goes 'steer' crazy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old March 4th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HMC-40 goes 'steer' crazy

Here's footage I shot at the St. Lucie County Fair in South Florida Wednesday evening. It was the annual FFA steer sale.

Here, the kids are primping and fluffing their steers for the big event:

Videos: Getting ready for the big sale - Treasure Coast, FL | TCPalm.com

And here's the sale. Some of the steers got a little cantankerous, but the kids really handled them well. Unfortunately, prices per pound were way down this year, but I think private donors made up the difference to make sure no kids lost money on their steers.

Videos: Steer sale at St. Lucie County Fair - Treasure Coast, FL | TCPalm.com
Sherri Nestico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #2
Regular Crew

In the first video it wasn't your fault, but jeeze I had no idea what that man was talking about haha. Apparently it was his first interview.

And having just come in from washing my car my first thought seeing this was "Hey, they're detailing their cows"

Good stuff.
Paul Digges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey, Paul

Yeah, the poor fair guy was so nervous about being on camera. I tried to reassure him by saying, "relax, I'm only going to show your face for about 5 seconds." But that didn't help, obviously. He actually was a stand-in for the FFA guy that I had hoped to interview. But Mr. FFA was busy getting the steers and the kids rounded up, then he vanished while I was in the livestock area filming the kids.

And yeah, it does kinda look like they're detailing the steers, doesn't it? I will say they did look awful "purty" at the sale...:)
Sherri Nestico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #4
Regular Crew

That makes sense. You point a lens at some people and they just shut down.

It definitely seems like an awful lot of work keeping them clean as it looked like she'd brush him off then he'd lay down and get covered in stuff again. Tiresome work Steer detailing must be.
Paul Digges is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders