Who's getting an HMC80? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old May 1st, 2011, 05:07 AM   #61
Inner Circle

Re: Who's getting an HMC80?

Hi Adam

Great.. you will love it...it has something I miss ..a switchable -20db attenuator on each XLR channel..they dumped it on the 80!! You can turn attenuation off at wedding ceremonies and you get (I think) hotter audio than the 80 ..once the DJ starts at the reception switch attenuation in and the levels are just about right!!!

The 70 doesn't have the manual controls outside so you need to use the menu for iris and shutter settings but then again I have shot heaps of weddings in full auto and they were brilliant!! Just keep the cam on the HF setting and you get brilliant video!!!

I also miss the fact that on the 70, you can get the camera to beep once on record and twice on pause...it's a good reminder for the odd time you might start recording and do a "double press" ..I have already done it on the 80 so use that feature!!

If you need any info/hints/tips on your 70, just ask!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM   #62
Regular Crew

Chris,

I already transcode everything from the HMC40 using neoscene. Not sure if you do the same or not but I was wondering if I could transcode the HMC70 footage to 30p to match the 40?
Adam Haro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM   #63
Inner Circle

Hi Adam

I actually use Upshift to transcode and I make my interlaced files from the 70 or 80 progressive so the file should have the option in Neoscene to strip off the interlacing so you end up with a progressive file.

I tried Neoscene and Upshift and stayed with Upshift but essentially they are the same. If you ever need the Mainconcept Transcoder that Panasonic used to distribute free (no longer available now) I do have a zipped copy ...it's really useful if you need to transcode files back to SD AVI's

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders