wireless headphones - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old November 23rd, 2010, 04:56 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Hi Giroud

What physical size??? I assume that other dealers will sell these as your link talks about a miniumum order of 500 units!!

I was under the impression that BT also used the 2.4GHZ band???? Your other option is to use an "el-cheapo" on camera radio mic setup. We have them here for around the $49 mark...you get a transmitter and Azden type hotshoe bracket for the cam and the transmitter has line input too so you can monitor from the audio out of the camera. The receiver can just slip into your pocket.

I tried these as my first radio mics for weddings and the squelch level is a little too noisy!! but they would work for just monitoring audio!

The move to BT was mainly for convenience as the headphones are "all-in one" (I think Randy will agree too) so all you need to do is clip the phones onto your head without having wired phones going to a receiver on your person. All I really need to know is whether the audio is physically working (has the person accidentally ripped out the mic cable???) I'm now in the process of swapping the over the head phones (which are way too small for my head) for a pair of BT jogger phones which go behind your neck. With the shoulder mount camera it might be a little neater too.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:24 PM   #17
Trustee

yeah for weddings my new system seems pretty good so far. Its a little pricey I bought the $50 transmitter mainly because theres not wires it plugs right into my headphone jack and doesnt get in the way at all. the headphones I bought I use to my cell phone too there the loudest I have ever heard. Its nice not getting a set of ear buds twisted up when your trying to shoot and being able to walk away from the camera if you need to without having to have forgotten you tied to the camera and yanking the camera around:)
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #18
Inner Circle

the set a mentioned are about the size of a pack of cigarettes, just a bit shorter.
the fact they are stereo, digital and have line-in input allows to use them in lots of cases.
need a link to the DJ mixer or just want to send some camera's audio for monitoring ?
As said, they are a real pain to find because they are branded with different names.
i got 2 sets, one labelled CTA, the other is noname
I tried these ones too, they are a lot cheaper and smaller, but quality is a bit poor sometimes, don't know why. But when quality is not required, they are acceptable.
2.4 GHz Wireless Audio Transmitter-Sound Port - eBay (item 280593978037 end time Dec-24-10 00:01:13 PST)
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Thanks for the info Giroud

Those could be an option!! If they can be found!

Randy, the dongle I sent back to the supplier works fine. Being ignorant of BlueTooth I was unaware that to pair the dongle and headphones you need to have an audio signal present at the dongle!!

He has now sent it back to me and I will do things the right way!! Plug it into the cam headphones jack before trying to pair it!!! He also said that the phones/dongle should be in close proximity during pairing??? (sorta right next to each other???)

A quick question from you??? Once the audio dongle and phones are "paired" do you have to repeat the process everytime you use them or do they "remember" what they are paired with????

Chris
Old November 25th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #20
Trustee

I dont know about yours in particular mine can be paired without and audio source. after they are paired you SHOULD be fine the trick I needed to find out is how to turn each unit off and on and put into pairing mode. There all deifferent its like "hold the button for 6 seconds and whatnot".
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:53 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Hi Randy

Just got my dongle back and I exchanged the single headset for a "joggers" stereo headset. The former only monitored one channel.

This one is pretty loud too!!! I had to reduce the headphones volume so it didn't blast my ears off. It works really well actually. The transmission delay is someone you have to get used to so it's advisable not to watch the bride talking and your monitored audio arrives a fraction of a second later!!!

With the stereo headphones I can now monitor the audio wirelessly on both my XLR channels!! It also doesn't seem to bother the UHF or VHF radio mics!!!

Chris
Old December 1st, 2010, 04:59 PM   #22
Trustee

Chris,
Good its sounds just like my rig now. I dont need to look at the B&G I just need to know the sound is there. Im excited no more headset tangles!
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:54 PM   #23
Major Player

This is the ones I have. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/498098-REG/Sony_DRBT21G_B_DR_BT21G_B_Stereo_Bluetooth_Behind_the_Neck.htmlhttp://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/549969-REG/Sony_TMRBT10A.html
The only problem I have is the delay I get with wireless headphones. Does any body have the same Problems?

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Hi Dan

Yep all BT audio seems to have a short delay so that's perfectly normal !! You get used to it I guess????

When I was testing my setup with the camera it was strange getting my speech back in the phone a fraction of a second later!!! I suspect it wouldn't be too off-putting at a wedding???? I will try my setup at the weekend and see if the delay is annoying or not.... it will be comforting (even with a delay) to be able to monitor the audio of my A Camera while I'm busy with my B-Camera!!! From a distance, I have no issue with the recording side as the cams have tally lights back and front but audio has always been a worried which in the past, means putting your 2nd cam down, putting on headphones to check the audio and then going back to what you were doing... The BT will make life a lot easier!!

Chris
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:53 PM   #25
Trustee

I did a wedding on Sunday with mine and everything worked great! The only thing I would recomend is only monitor your wireless, with the delay and monitoring the shotgun mic it weirded me out.
Old December 7th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #26
Inner Circle

Hi Randy

I have a wedding coming up on Friday and Saturday so I'll give my new system a shot then!! My dongle is stereo so it sends Channel 1 (usually the radio mic) to the left headphone and Channel 2 to the right. If I'm using 2 radio mics the 2nd will be on Channel 2 otherwise I have a Rode VideoMic on the cam which feeds Channel 2 as a backup.... What exactly makes it weird??? Surely both will have the same delay or does the BT send them one after the other????

I guess it might be weird if you look at the couple but if you look away while you monitor it might seem less weird!! I wonder why BT has a delay in transmission????

Chris
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #27
Major Player

[QUOTE=Randy J with the delay and monitoring the shotgun mic it weirded me out.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what Randy is talking about. That is why I don't use them for work.

Dan
Forever Moments Video Productions
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 01:32 AM   #28
Trustee

I normally dont need to monitor my nat sound mic I go by levels alone more or less. So I just setup the monitor out of the AG-HMC150 just to output channel 1 through the headphones so I only hear my wireless.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders