HMC-40 and International Learn to Fly Day at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old May 21st, 2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HMC-40 and International Learn to Fly Day

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I popped in here. Have had some health issues for almost a year and am now just getting back into shooting video at work.

I decided to shoot with my HMC-40 today to test the XLR adapter and Rode NTG1 mike I bought for it. Other than the wind noise that comes with having a more-sensitive mike, I was quite pleased.

Now, I'm just going to have to get back up to speed with the camera controls. My exposure was way off on some of the clips.

http://www.tcpalm.com/videos/detail/...learn-fly-day/
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:50 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: HMC-40 and International Learn to Fly Day

Hi Sherri

Nice to have you back and nice footage too..I always appreciate your lower third captions too!!!

Since chatting last I upgraded from my HMC70's to HMC80's which basically have the same "insides" and the 40 so we are on the same wavelength now!!

Love my 80's (they are actually HMC82's cos we are in PAL land so it shoots 50 frames not 60) The 80's have an amazing EVF!! The LCD is in the EVF housing with an eyepiece so all the 70/150 "tunnel vision" has gone and you end up with a HUGE image in the viewfinder.

Keep up the good work ...(BTW: Are you still using the HMC150 too???)

Stay in touch

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Major Player

Great to see you back Sherri. Was wondering where you'd gone. I wish you good health from here on.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Chris and Dan,

I haven't used the HMC-150 since my cruise last October. I've cut way back on freelance stuff since I've been ill, so I haven't used it nor the HMC-40 very much. When I shoot for work, I use the company Sony HVR-V1U 99.9 percent of the time.

So Chris you like the 80s? They seem a bit too big for me, but it must be nice to be able to shoot to SD if needed. That's one of the things I like about the V1U. And you know how I feel about the 150's viewfinder - hate it. Glad to hear the one in the 80 is better...:)

Dan, thanks for the well wishes. I'm hoping to get back in the saddle sooner than later.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:16 PM   #5
New Boot

Nice footage!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders