GS100K - English version - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 27th, 2003, 02:09 AM   #31
Outer Circle

Is that the same Zoran Industries as featured in that old James Bond movie? (with Roger Moore)
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 04:55 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Don't know about movies (most likely not :-)).
just check teh site: www.zoran.com to get the idea.

Alex
Alex Zabrovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 09:46 AM   #33

<<<-- Originally posted by Alex Zabrovsky : Yeah Amit, I'm close to the purchase of this cam from Alan (hopefully next week), and was also concerning abot this issue, but then realised that there is quite large community helping out each other, besides of translations available.
Besides of all that, the host of controsl and features isn't unlimited and I guess once commencing teh usage it will not be the reall issue.

(bearign in mind I was able to memorize all over 200 buttons and switches in fighting aircraft cockpit once servicing the fighters on the ground).

Alex -->>>

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum and have been following the GS100/MX7000 threads and enjoying dvi community for a month or so, now from here, in Jerusalem -- though this is the first time I've joined in. I arrived here from a mention of the 'MX7000 and supervideo.com' in a dpreview.com forum.

Anyway, I've been looking for a more affordable 3CCD than the Canon or Sony prosumers (a hundred years ago I used to work in film) and have been learning the digital medium and NLE) so was extremely interested in this great sounding piece of technology at an affordable price. I wrote Chuck at supervideo, and not only started an interesting correspondence with him, but discovered that he's very familiar with and also has a really interesting connection to Israel!

Chuck wrote me that a PAL version of the GS100 (his MX7000) should be out at the end of the year (maybe those are the Russian mkt. models with alternate Eng. menus you were referring to, Alex?) Practically speaking, I could wait till then, no big deal, but I'm curious. What is the source "Alan" that you mention? Is he in BC? I plan to be in the States in November and could plan to get a PAL version while there. As you pointed out, the forum support community is genuinely helpful, friendly and informed and while I can't claim to memorize and feel at home in a jet cockpit ;-) it's not an insurmountable problem, and the step into the abyss it could be. I'd still prefer stock eng. menus. So, what are the options for us PALs?

Regarding Int'l. warranties and so on, FWIW, I've been a Mac user (in Israel) since '84 and until now when Mac went PCI and USB, for years was purchasing peripherals in the States. I don't know about camera tech but have been accustomed to purchasing service contracts for equipment from a very reliable company in Jerusalem, and more often than not, the relative costs have not been prohibitive -- that is, still under Israel prices + VAT! So, I imagine, if one is willing to pay what usually amounts to an extra 10% of the device cost for a service contract, it still may be a good deal.

Uh oh, I've rambled. 'Scuse me, please. So, if you can help me with the alternatives towards getting this camcorder, I'll really appreciate it. In any case, It's wonderful to know some of this great community is also planted in Israel. I'd love to hear from you.

Best regards,

David
Old August 27th, 2003, 09:54 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Hey David, check your email.

Alex
Alex Zabrovsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant