Using GS100 for Commercial and Pro. work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 04:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Using GS100 for Commercial and Pro. work

Hi,

We know GS100 is one of the High(est) end of Consumer cameras. I mean near-pro type camera. I have seen commercial TV episodes taken by Sony TRV950 cameras. For example www.ladyxfilms.com,
If you watch episode 2, it is taken by TRV950.

Here in our forum itself, we saw Michael struthers, attempting to take commercials using the Great GS100k.

I thought we will share our thoughts, opinions and experiences with this camera for commercial and professional works.

There is no doubt that, GS100k is of top of the line almost equivalent to GL2, XL1s. Let us share our experiences, cheap techniques combined with GS100, to produce excellent work.

So,lets talk about the problems,experiences of commercials, documentaries, weddings, any Pro type work etc, to be taken using GS100k.
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 04:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Well, check this 30 second spec spot shot (say that 3 times fast) with the gs100.

www.buzzdigital.com

check out "Big Chick" !

yo

Mikey

I
Michael Struthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:27 PM   #3
Major Player

Michael Good Job.

I like the 'new bigger better pop corn chicken'

Well done! Shows your talents..

The movements, did you do using with out any rigs or stabilizers?
Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:33 PM   #4
Major Player

will Pana VMS2E MIC will be useful for GS100 for near pro quality. I dont think that mic is available in US.

Any professional mics you suggest, rather than going to studio and record.

I wanna take some documentary type of thing or interview type of thing with two people sitting on the chair. May be I have to get a Y connector and what mic(the mic to be sticked to the shirt) should I get for that purpose?
Old September 22nd, 2003, 09:00 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Raj.

I used no stabilizers or glidecams. I mounted an Azden ecz990 (about 54 bucks) on top of the cam for the only sound. I used all the sound for vo from closeup shots...no time to send anyone to a studio...from start to finish in 5 days. However a guy who knows protools helped out the sound in post immensely.

I'm not particulary recommending the Azden. It was catching some room tone, even on "focused" mode...but I'm cheap...a sennheiser 300 "d" would have been better, but it's 200 bucks.

If you want really great sound, you should get a sound guy.

Michael
www.buzzdigital.com
Michael Struthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2003, 11:01 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks Michael,

I guess the MKE 2 model can be a good tie microphone.

http://www.mvsvideo.co.uk/equipment_sennheiser_condenser.htm
Old September 24th, 2003, 09:51 AM   #7
Major Player

Yesterday I saw an episode taken using sony trv 30E and audio directly from built in mic, from ladyxfilms.com and a couple of episodes taken by sony trv 950.

Even though we can notice the resolution artifacts with the trv 30, they handled the cam very professionally. really neat.

I would encourage you to watch those episodes to get a feeling and learning, how one should handle the cams, location, lightings etc.

It gives encouragement to handle our cams better.
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant