harsh problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:54 AM   #1
New Boot

harsh problems

So, bought the mx 2500, obviously a step down from the 5000, but still paid 1300 bucks for it, so not exactly a cheap camera, thing breaks 3 weeks later. Won't playback, and if it does it's super noisey. Dealing with the store that I bought it from was a total nightmare, they said the camera was 3 weeks old and not 2 weeks old, so they wouldn't take it back. Started making some noise, found a guy in japan to take it on and fix it. No problem, put in new cylinders and a control panel, whatever that may be. 2 months later, 3 recorded tapes later, SAME problem. Now, the really hard part to swallow is that I'm leaving in 17 days for a month long vacation then going back to Vancouver for good. Does anybody have any suggestions here?
What I really want is just to get rid of the thing, it's obviously a lemon, but panasonic isn't willing to take it on, and I just have too much of a conscience to sell it to some poor sucker.
I've barely used the damn thing, it's brand new.
So frustrated.
Lisa Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 11:31 AM   #2
Major Player

Did u buy new(open,discontinued model, with manufacturer warranty) or used?

If no warranty covers, try this, someone in this forum posted this link.

http://www.camcorder-repairxpress.com/Index.htm

If nothing helps, Pray !
Samuel Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 01:39 PM   #3
Outer Circle

Yeah, I never liked the MX2000/2500. I had read a lot of unhappy owners' complaints----sorry, I know,this doesn't help you. What is wrong with it now? Anyway, I'm afraid the best advice would be just to stick it somewhere, like a closet, and forget about it. To fix the thing again, it'll probably cost you more money, which isn't worth it, I think. There's no warranty left? If there is, perhaps contact Allan, and see what he thinks. Where did you buy it again?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2003, 06:43 AM   #4
New Boot

warranty I have not

It really is only 6 months old, but it's totally bargining thing here for cash and no reciept kinda deal, super shady, but hey, I thought I got a deal which just turned out to be a huge pain. I am trying to get it fixed again in korea, bought it in korea but it's a japanese domestic cam that only has a warranty in japan.
Lisa Marie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant