Hi to everyone:) need help deciding DV852? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old December 30th, 2003, 11:25 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Special

So i have the Panasonic dv852 for about a week now...and i have to say this camcorder is just Special...low light is great even in very dim light conditions...video under normal/good light condition is amazing...great colors..plus the manual focus ring is very cool & usefull..The sound of the mic on cam is not bad too I use Vegas video 4 for editing and it has great audio tools so you can get more effective results with sound in post...

and also i think the design of that camera is simply the best design...very easy to hold and comfortable...especially for experimental different angle shots...

just wanted to share my opinion about this cam with others maybe looking to buy it...Trust me i've searched a lot and thanks to everyone who helped me for picking this machine...if you are serious about filming indie shorts,music videos,events and CAN'T afford a pro-sumer cam,you can't go wrong with dv852...

Panasonic dv852/mx8
"looks good,sounds good,feels good too" ;)

Aykut
Aykut Ozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2003, 12:21 AM   #17
Outer Circle

This is what BB, the owner of eeplaza.com kept preaching. It took me several months to catch on, though. I agree with you about this cam; and at that price, it's a steal. Panasonic - tomorrow's technology today. :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2003, 01:41 AM   #18
Major Player

Frank, you have forgotten to mention the Category-III, NC-16 or R(A) or whatever ratings needed for eeplaza.com. Not for the young. BB does nothing but shoot cheeks with the MX8, professionally.
Yow Cheong Hoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2003, 02:23 AM   #19
Outer Circle

Yes, but he prides himself with shooting them in low light. :-))
Old December 31st, 2003, 08:50 AM   #20
Major Player

I agree with Aykut, the DV852 seems to be a very fine camera indeed. But, the bottom loading is a major pain since I've got mine mounted on a Beachtec. I have serious doubts about how long the camera's tripod thread will last. I'll be putting an AT8415 shock mount and mic on the shoe mount in a couple days, that should be interesting.
Old December 31st, 2003, 08:04 PM   #21
Outer Circle

I don't know why cam makers build them bottom loading models, though lately Pana has fixed this with their MX5/953 and GS100.
Old December 31st, 2003, 08:32 PM   #22
Wrangler

Even the Panasonic GS50 and GS70 are top loaders.

The reviewer over at dvspot.com seems to always include a picture of tape compartment open in his reviews. Its amazing how many load from the bottom.

http://www.dvspot.com/features
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant